Furnishing for the little ones: design children's furniture
Functional and durable with a feel-good guarantee
Furniture for the children's room has to achieve a lot and there are a lot of things to consider when buying it:
- It should be safe for our offspring. That is why child-safe furniture does not have sharp corners and edges. Also make sure that the furniture is stable and does not tip over.
- Children are constantly growing. Furniture that can be adjusted in length and height is the trump card! This way you avoid unnecessary new purchases and offer the children a stable environment in the long term. In general, you should only buy what is necessary at the beginning to avoid possible bad purchases.
- High-quality furniture made of high-quality materials speaks for quality and resilience. It will last a long time for you and your little ones and can easily cope with the odd move!
- A lot comes together in a child's life and space is precious. That's why you should never skimp on storage space. This leaves enough room for movement and your children can directly develop a feeling for order. Multifunctional furniture that can be used for two or more purposes is also extremely practical in limited spaces.
Despite all the concern for functionality, safety and durability, there is one thing that should not be neglected: The feel-good factor. The design and the associated appearance of the room play a major role here:
- Colourful = suitable for children? Room theme á la knight's castle, fairytale world or Paw Patrol? Tastes often change in the course of a child's life. Choose neutral, muted colours and materials for the furniture in your child's room and set the necessary colour accents with textiles and other home accessories that can be easily replaced if necessary.
- Even if interior design is your passion, don't furnish the children's room purely according to your own taste. Leave room for creativity! Your child should also have a say in the design and be able to incorporate his or her wishes and preferences.
Off to dreamland
Baby, toddler, schoolchild - every age requires the right bed to snuggle up in and dream. Modular furniture that can be adapted and expanded according to needs is ideal here. But other types of beds also have their advantages. For example, loft beds that provide more space in the room. Or you can opt for a multifunctional piece of furniture, such as the stacking bed from Müller Möbelwerkstätten. With add-ons like the back cushion, it can be transformed into a sofa in no time at all. And with a second stacking bed, overnight visitors are also taken care of! Our designer children's beds have something for everyone.
Paint, craft, learn
Many things take place in the children's room and, depending on the age, different things come into focus. Flexibility is in demand here. Furniture that "grows" with the child and can be adjusted in length and height can do just that. So the small painting table eventually becomes a desk. Constant new purchases are avoided and the durability of the furniture gives the children the necessary feeling of security. Manufacturers such as Pure Position have taken all this to heart and brought out collections such as the Growing series. You can find these and other modular design children's furniture in our online shop!
Everything well stowed
The children's room is usually the smallest room in the flat. The available space must be well managed. So think about sufficient storage space when furnishing the room. This way, toys, books, clothes, etc. will find a suitable place and the room will always remain neat and tidy. Plus point: the little ones learn to develop a sense of order right from the start. And the necessary freedom of movement is also guaranteed! Be inspired by our selection of shelves and cupboards for the children's room.
No matter what age, they crawl, discover and play - and our little ones love to do that on the floor. Carpets make playing much more pleasant. With various textiles, you also provide your child with haptic sensory experiences. So start browsing right away and find the perfect carpet for your child's room!
To grow along
The children's room as a workshop! This is Richard Lampert's motto for the "Famille Garage" children's furniture collection designed by Alexander Seifried. Variable (changing) chests, tables, and also children's beds that "grow" means high-quality furniture for today's and subsequent generations.
To hang out
Whether favourite pieces or the outfit for the day. With a wardrobe in bright colours or child-friendly designs, everything can be put in the right light and will please children's eyes! With our designer wardrobes, you will definitely find the right piece to give your child's room a visual highlight.