Design furniture and inspiration for your living room
One room - many occasions
In the living room, you can relax alone on the sofa with a good book or film, you can sit together with friends or play a game with the children - and the individual ideas for the perfect living room are just as varied as how the living room is used.
Nevertheless, there are a few tips and tricks that you should keep in mind when furnishing your living room, regardless of your desired style, so that you, your family and your guests feel comfortable in your home.
How to arrange your living room properly:
- A place for each piece of furniture - sofa and armchairs are best arranged in relation to each other. For a rectangular room, it is also advisable to arrange the seating furniture in a rectangle. For smaller rooms, a corner sofa with or without a chaise lounge can also be harmonious.
- Use the shape of the room - if you have slopes or niches, it makes sense to use them perfectly with the right furniture, e.g. as storage space. Decorating with potted plants and home accessories also enhances such areas.
- Coherent colour concept - it is not new knowledge that colours have an effect on well-being. Especially in the living room, the selected colours should be well coordinated. Depending on taste, strong colours may of course also be used. Whether cold-warm contrast, light-dark contrast or complementary contrast: with a colour wheel, you can opt for contrasting colours to create accents and a coherent overall picture.
- The right lighting - When choosing suitable luminaires, it is always advisable to consider the natural lighting of a room. This and the size of the room determine the choice and distribution of light sources. A mixture of direct and indirect light is perceived as most pleasant in living areas. It also makes sense to use a dimmer if you use your living room for different purposes.
- Create areas with room dividers - individual room dividers, such as open shelves or even screens, can ensure that your living room is divided into different zones. This makes sense, for example, if you also use your living room as a dining area.
- Pay attention to details - a harmonious living concept is rounded off by the use of matching accessories. These can be functional living accessories such as cushions, blankets or curtains, or decorative elements such as plants, sculptures or pictures.
Make yourself comfortable
Find your dream sofa
Always individual - with us you will find designer sofas in many different styles and with exciting choices. We will also be happy to provide you with comprehensive advice on choosing the sofa that suits you individually.
Discover our sofa selection here:
Design lamps by Kdln
With the design lamps of the Italian manufacturer Kdln you create an appealing atmosphere and a special ambience. The unusual design lamps, such as the Kushi series shown here, know how to convince with their own and individual look.
Couch & side tables
The perfect place to put something - remote control, magazines, books, drinks or snacks - everything feels at home on our beautifully designed couch/side tables
Find the right designer lamps for a cosy ambience in your living room here, whether floor, table or ceiling lamp - our range includes a wide variety of lamps.
Against cold feet
A beautiful carpet rounds off any interior perfectly. Especially in the living room, the right carpet provides that certain level of comfort - discover our designer carpets here.
The perfect armchair
For the best possible seating comfort - many of the designer armchairs we offer are available in different versions and with a wide choice of fabrics and colours - we will also be happy to advise you on the selection of the right designer armchair for your individual wishes and needs.
With a designer sideboard, you have chosen the best option for storing things and presenting selected beauties to the world at the same time. In the best case, the sideboard is also an eye-catcher in itself!
A shelf gives a clear view of what is inside. Whether you want to present your books or your favourite collecting passion, everything is well presented in the shapely design shelves from our shop
The little details
Sometimes just a little something is missing to make the atmosphere perfect: discover cushions, sculptures, mirrors, accessories for plants, lanterns, candle holders and much more to decorate for the little details that make so much difference.
Small tips that make a big difference
- Choose the right carpet size so that the sofa, armchair and side table fit on it
- Coordinate the wall colour with the furniture in advance
- Position ceiling lights neither too high nor too low
- Adjust the length of curtains or drapes to fit the room
- Make sure that all furniture and accessories are practical and comfortable
- Keep windows and doors clear so that they can be used optimally
Do you need support?
We make living(t)dreams come true - get professional advice and support from our in-house interior designers in designing your space - with true-to-life 3D visualisations.