Ergonomic with style: Stella chair by Freifrau
Stella chair by designer Patrick Frey is a wonderfully timeless piece of furniture that captivates with its clear and dynamic shapes. Arm and backrest are made of curved oak wood. Simplistic and reduced to the essentials, the solid wood chair nevertheless offers the necessary comfort – thanks to the ergonomically shaped seat that rests on the slender legs.
In typical Freifrau fashion, the Stella chair also incorporates quality workmanship and craftsmanship. Each chair is produced in Germany and is a one-off. The designer chair is available in various wood colors. In the upholstered version, you can choose from many beautiful leather and fabric covers to suit your taste. Design your Stella to match your interior style!
Designer Patrick Frey was born in Seoul, South Korea. With a ceramicist mother and an architecture-loving father, there were no limits to creativity in his parents' home – and so his path led him to study design at Hanover University of Applied Sciences and Arts after completing his civilian service.
Finding the simplest possible solutions to everyday problems is Frey's passion. Together with his team, he designs for internationally renowned manufacturers such as Villeroy & Boch, Bree, Nils Holger Moormann, Burgbad and Flötotto. His work has been awarded international prizes, including the IF Product Design Award, Chicago Athenaeum Good Design Award, Reddot Design Award. Since 2014, he has been passing on his passion for his profession to the next generation as a professor of product design at the Hanover University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
Freifrau Sitzmöbelmanufaktur – The brand with the favourite piece guarantee
Freifrau Sitzmöbelmanufaktur was founded by Hansjörg Helweg in 2012. Together with a team of well-known designers and new talents, he develops seating furniture that is characterised by its attention to detail and its demand for sustainability. The designs combine traditional craftsmanship and selected, durable materials.
It is particularly important to the manufacturer that the seating furniture is not only pleasing to the eye, but can also be experienced by the other senses. This is achieved by using pleasant wood, leather with a good grip and soft fabrics. This makes every piece of seating furniture unmistakably unique and a real favourite.
Material and format
The designer chair is 52 cm wide, 55 cm long and 81 cm high. The seat height is 47 cm and the armrest height is 68 cm. If you would like to combine the Stella chair with table furniture, please ensure that the table top is sufficiently high. A height between 75 and 80 cm would be ideal here.
For the solid wood frame, you can choose between the following versions: Oiled oak, black oak, grey oak and oiled white oak. For the foot glides, you can choose between felt or rubber. This protects the chair and the floor in any case.
Do you prefer to sit a little softer? No problem! You can also order the Stella chair with a plain-coloured seat cushion. Here you can choose from a variety of leather and fabric covers in different colours. Can't find the cover you want? We will be happy to provide you with a non-binding offer on request!
- Bergen: 100% merino wool
- Canvas: elegant fabric with a calm, monochrome appearance, which on closer inspection contains shimmering colour nuances, fine contrasts and elegant structures. 90% virgin wool, worsted and 10% nylon, material dyed. Colour differences may occur.
- Gobelin: Sustainable fibres. 68% cotton, 14% polyacrylic, 6% wool, 5% polyamide, 5% polyester, 2% viscose. 100% woven in Belgium.
- Harald: Innovative blend of 100% cotton, piece-dyed. The pattern is cotton velour without selvage. Colour differences may occur.
- Maple: 81% viscose, 15% linen, 4% polyester.
- Novum: 96% virgin wool, 4% polyamide
- Opera: 96% virgin wool, 4% polyamide
- Shake: 95% virgin wool, 5% polyamide
- Sahco Safire: 43% viscose, 17% acrylic, 15% wool, 8% linen, 8% polyester
- Steelcut Trio: 90% virgin wool, (worsted), 10% nylon
- Topia: 95% virgin wool, 5% polyamide
- Vidar: 94% virgin wool
- Adora: 0.9 - 1.1 mm pure aniline, natural cowhide leather
- Cairo: 1.3 - 1.6 mm soft thick leather
- Cayenne: 1.4 - 1.6 mm nubuck cowhide with natural whale grains
- Elmosoft: soft, supple semi-aniline leather
- Muscat: 0.9 - 1.1 mm nubuck cowhide with elegant, patinated surface
- Opium: 1.0 - 1.2 mm super-soft, natural nappa leather with a unique feel
- Orient: 1.3-1.5 mm strong, soft nappa cowhide with distinctive mill grain
- Sahara: 1.0-1.2 mm soft, full-grain nappa leather with a pleasantly soft feel